Winter is here, which is the time of the year when your heating system is most crucial. However, sometimes, things don't go as planned, and your heating system may break down, leaving you in the cold. To help you avoid panic and stay prepared, we've put together a comprehensive guide on what to do when your heating system breaks down.
5 Tips for What to Do When Your Heating System Breaks Down
If your heating system breaks down, you have options. The following are five tips that can help you if your heating system breaks down:
- Check the Thermostat – The first thing you should do is check the thermostat to see if it's working correctly. Make sure it's set to heat mode, and the temperature is set to what you want it to be. If the thermostat is not working, it may be time to replace it.
- Inspect Your Air Filters – A dirty air filter can cause your heating system to break down. Check your air filters and replace them if they’re dirty. If you have pets or live in a dusty area, you may need to replace your air filters more frequently.
- Check the Circuit Breaker – If your heating system is not turning on, check the circuit breaker. It may have tripped, causing the heating system to shut down. If you find that the circuit breaker has tripped, reset it and turn your heating system back on.
- Inspect the Ductwork – If your heating system is turned on, but you're not getting any heat, there may be an issue with the ductwork. If possible and safe, check the ductwork for any leaks or blockages. If you find any, you may need to call an HVAC technician to repair the ductwork.
- Call an HVAC Professional – If you've tried all the above and your heating system is still not working, it's time to call a professional. A professional HVAC technician should be able to diagnose the problem and repair your heating system.
Schedule a Free In-Home Consultation with Our Emergency Heating System Repair Specialists in Santa Clarita Today!
As you can see, there are a few things you can do when your heating system breaks down. However, if you're not comfortable fixing the issue yourself, it's best to call a professional. At Rowland Air, we provide 24-hour emergency HVAC services to ensure you stay warm and comfortable during the winter months. Contact us today if you need help with heating system installation, maintenance, and repair in Santa Clarita.
Call Rowland Air at (661) 536-5522 or reach out to us online today to request an appointment or if you have an HVAC emergency and require immediate assistance.